KEY SOFTWARE TOOLS (SEE TEXT)
Multi-Group Traffic-System Optimizer
Dispatching Simulators & Elevate™
CAD Libraries & Automation
Energy, Power & Heat Load Analyzer
Powertrain & Roping Analysis Tool
Building Structural Forces Tool
Rope Sway Resonance Tool
"PMT" Ride Quality, Motion Recorder
SAMPLE PROCESSES AND TOOLS
Experts can usually offer conceptual solutions quickly, with alternatives. And when the issue is new in an industry, innovation is often the outcome*. Still, any solution need be quantified and documented.
Our experts are empowered with advanced tools, most of which they helped build, to provide proofs. And with the first tool described below, we are able to find basic system solutions not found using other means.
- We are the only VT consultancy with a “multi-group optimizer” to find all possible elevator grouping solutions for high-rise systems, within multiple ranges of parameters. Other tools only analyze 1 group of elevators at a time, not solving the combinatorial problem of a high-rise or tall building system.
We knew the potential of simpler versions such tools built years ago by some manufacturers, when they were more involved in planning high-rise systems. (And alternatively the time needed to calculate traffic peformance 1 group at a time for a large system, just to find "a" solution that was not optimal.)
When we need closely examine the traffic performance of one group of elevators, we have access to two manufacturers' proprietary simulators, as well as the generic inustry tool called Elevate™.
- We then provide Architects with drawing details quickly to “test-fit” various high-rise solutions. We have produced these parametrically, yet find our libraries even quicker. We produce in AutoCAD® and use Revit® to read. For standard low-rise products, we use up-to-date manufacturers’ details.
- We are not fire engineers. However, our cross-discipline experience and code work can go a long way in solving comprehensive solutions for building cores, and harmonizing international + local codes.
- Our "master" engineering tool is used to examine the limits of elevator machines, analyze roping solutions, compute power electronics drive sizes, and provide building structural, electrical and heat loads quickly for any elevator, regardless of its travel distance, load and speed.
- With our tall building work it was logical to expand our tools for more advanced power and energy analyses, rope sway studies, etc. We did so, and reminiscent of our first "optimizer", these advanced tools helped us prove or pinpoint solutions we could previously just speculate.
- At substantial completion of new elevators, and to analyze existing elevators, we have a fully-equipped and currently-calibrated version of the standard EVA-625 tool by Physical Measurement Technologies (PMT), for use when the local office of the elevator company cannot provide this same tool.
*Our brochure covers various innovations + contributions which were found and proven using our tools.