KEY SOFTWARE TOOLS (SEE TEXT)
Multi-Group Traffic-System Optimizer
Two (2) Dispatching Simulators
CAD Libraries & Automation
Energy, Power, Heat Load Analyzer
Powertrain & Roping Analysis Tool
Building Structural Forces Tool
Rope Sway Resonance Tool
"PMT" Ride Quality, Motion Recorder
SAMPLE PROCESSES AND TOOLS
As experts we can usually offer conceptual solutions quickly, with alternatives. And when the issue is new in our industry, innovation is often the outcome*. Still, any solution need be quantified and documented.
Our experts are empowered with advanced tools to quantify solutions, most of which they helped build. And with the first tool described below, we are able to find basic "VT" system solutions not found using any other means.
- We are the only VT consultancy with a “multi-group optimizer” to find possible elevator grouping solutions for high-rise systems, within controlled, multiple ranges of parameters. Other tools analyze 1 group of elevators at a time, not solving the combinatorial problem of a high-rise or tall building system.
We knew the potential of simpler tools built years ago by some manufacturers when they were more involved in planning large systems. (And alternatively the time needed to compute traffic peformance 1 group at a time for a large system by trial and error to find "a" solution that was not optimal.)
Yet, when we need closely examine the traffic performance of one group of elevators, we have access to two manufacturers' proprietary simulators, as well as the generic industry tool called Elevate™.
- We then provide drawing details quickly to “test-fit” various high-rise solutions. We have produced these parametrically, yet find our large libraries even quicker. We produce in AutoCAD® and use Revit® to read. For standard low-rise products, we plan for worst case dimensions for multiple manufacturers.
- While we are not fire protection engineers, our cross-discipline experience and code work can go a long way in conceptualizing plans for elevator/lift cores, and harmonizing international + local codes.
- Our "master" tool is the powerhouse behind our engineering services to examine the limits of elevator machines, analyze roping solutions, compute power electronics drive sizes, and provide structural, electrical and heat loads quickly for any elevator, regardless of its travel, load, or speed.
- With our tall building work it was logical to expand our tools for advanced power and energy analyses, rope sway studies, etc. We did so, and reminiscent of our first "optimizer", our tools now help us prove or pinpoint solutions we could previously just speculate.
- At substantial completion of new elevators, or to analyze existing elevators, we have a fully-equipped version of the industry standard EVA-625 tool by Physical Measurement Technologies (PMT), for use when the local elevator company cannot provide this same tool.
*Our brochure covers various innovations + contributions which were found and proven using our tools.